Sunday, January 25, 2009

The inside scoop - Part I

Some of the Judokas celebrated CNY eve at Scott's loft last night and it was pretty much enjoyable. I was quiet throughout the night; partly cos I was drained and also cos the crappy interview I had a few days ago still lingered on my mind. Sian! Thinking about it makes me wonder why I was born with a (dysfunctional) brain.


ON TO HAPPIER TOPICS;

"Lou Hei" was super funny last night lah!

You know when the Chinese place the ingredients onto the plate, they usually say Chinese phrases like "tian tian mi mi" and "nian nian you yu" right? As Scott and JJ were putting in the garnishes, Raiden was verbalising those phrases IN THE WRONG PINYIN! So "tian tian mi mi" became "dian dian mee mee". LOLOL!

We didn't have any raw fish or salmon to go along with the vegetables, thus we used Pacific clams and golden mushrooms as substitutes. Hahahaha! Eh, it tasted quite shiok ok! You guys should try it out sometime (if you dare)! So much cheaper than using salmon also!



When we started to toss the dish, the clams kept dropping onto the table and Scott had to stop and pick the clams up to put it back into the bowl. I heard him say, "Oi, toss properly leh! Don't waste the gold!!!". KUAHAHAHAHA! Apparently, the clams stood for "jing yi man tang"... in other words, WEALTH. So fallen clams = fallen wealth.

Omg, and you wonder how long the recession will last.

This post will only be continued once I'm done with the rest of my celebration. Hehehe! Gotta create a lil' suspense here and there, right? Oh well, I'm more or less prepared for tomorrow and the day after. Thank goodness for the intense conditioning for my hair... otherwise, it'll be more like hay!

Did I mention, this year, I'm gonna be dressed in nothing but PINK & BLACK. The outfit's been prepared, my nails have been painted, my purse has been emptied (to make way for angpows) but as for shoes... Bah! I'm just gonna go with my cream-coloured heels because I doubt I'd be wearing black heels with pink stripes (or vice versa) in the long run.

Yup, you can expect tonnes of photos to be taken... maybe not of my family, but definately of MYSELF and the New Year goodies. Wahahahaha! You know you don't wanna miss out on this :)



Shadow stepped, body touched, soul crashed at 12:27 pm.